Ending your membership
Ending your membership in University Care Advantage may be voluntary (your own choice) or involuntary (not your choice). Most people with Medicare can end their membership only during certain times of the year. However, because you get assistance from AHCCCS (Medicaid), you can end your membership in University Care Advantage at any time.
Your rights and responsibilities
UCA values our member’s rights and encourages our members to read your Evidence of Coverage booklet.
- University Care Advantage cannot ask you to leave our plan for any reason related to your health.
- You have a right to make a complaint if we end your membership in our plan.
If you feel that you are being asked to leave our plan because of a health-related reason, you should call Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048. You may call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more information regarding your rights and responsibilities, please refer to the following chapters in your Evidence of Coverage booklet:
- Chapter 8. Your rights and responsibilities
- Chapter 9. What to do if you have a problem or complaint
- Chapter 10. Ending your membership in the plan